1. Touring Rome by Night tours, Walking Tour (seasonal).
There are so many adjectives to describe Rome at night but no written words will truly do it justice. An atmospheric evening stroll around Rome's fluorescent monuments with an expert Rome tour guide will bring the Eternal City to life. This 3 hour walking tour is a perfect introduction to Rome's history, sights and secrets.
Visited Rome tourist attractions include the Colosseum's exterior, Capitoline Hill (Michelangelo's Piazza del Campidoglio is spectacular at night), Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza Navona with an overview of the Roman Forum area. You will experience the romance and beauty of Rome while the sun sets and your Rome tour guide sets the mood for the evening.
Reviews of Touring Rome by Night tours, Walking Tour
- Wonderful! Our tour guide was infinitely knowledgeable. The city at night is beautiful. Bring your tripod! There are many great pictures to be taken. It was a small group too.
- Lots of great information from the tour guide. And, she was able to give great recommendations for dinner. Loved the tour!
See more Touring Rome by Night tours, Guided Walking Tour reviews
Return to the top
2. Ghost and Mystery Guided Walking Tour of Rome.
When the sun sets another side of Rome comes to life. Tour the dark heart of a mysterious city where fact and legend are intertwined, and the imagination as much as the eye is stimulated.
This is a Rome known to only a few and your guide will entertain you with the most enthralling historical and supernatural mysteries on a tour that is unlike any other. The hour-long stroll through Rome’s dark heart will take you through the winding lanes of the city's historic center to discover fascinating legends, mysteries, ghostly tales and curiosities that form part of a lesser-known Rome.
Sites visited on your Ghost and Mystery Walking Tour of Rome include:
- Corso Vittorio Emanuele II
- Campo de Fiori
- Piazza Farnese
- Via Giulia
- Via del Governo Vecchio
- Castel Sant'Angelo
Ghost and Mystery Walking Tours of Rome reviews:
- Fantastic - the guide was great fun, got on great with my kids and was full of genuinely funny interesting and spooky stories. Best part of our trip to Rome.
- My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. It was a great way to see Rome after dark and learn about some of the city's ghosts. The guide was very well spoken and "performed" the stories in an interesting and animated way. I would recommend this tour.
See more reviews from ghost and mystery guided walking tours of Rome
Return to the top
3.Touring Rome by night tours Exclusive:
Private Rome Tour of Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums.
This exclusive viewing allows you to visit the Vatican's galleries when they are closed to the general public. Tickets are limited and only available through Viator and its affiliates (this web site). Each group will consist of a maximum 20 people.
The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel are notorious for the crowds passing through during the day. With this exclusive two-hour tour you will have a unique once in a life time chance to escape the crowds and explore the artistic and architectural treasures during this highly personalized tour.
Reviews: Private Rome Tour of Sistine chapel and Vatican Museums
- Being in the Sistine Chapel with just 17 other people instead of hundreds was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Vatican Museum staff were great too.
- I just revisited my travel photos and it reminded me of how special this private vatican tour was. I am not a fan of organized tours, but I hate crowds and queuing even more. After numerous friends had mentioned that their experience of the Vatican and Sistine was weakened by the hordes of crowds and long lines .... the tour group I was in was small ..... there was nobody there except the Vatican guards. In fact during our entire two hours at the Vatican and Sistine, we never crossed paths with any other visitors. Our local guide spoke with interest and affection about the history of the Vatican, various events within the Catholic Church, and also the creation of the Sistine's ceilings and walls. Ahhhhhhh, even as I write this review, a smile ....... I can't explain how special it felt to have the guards unlocking each new door to every new room just for us. I try not to buy into the exclusivity factor, but I must admit that I felt very smug knowing that groups this small are a rarity and that I was experiencing something that not many people get to do. The guide moved at a good pace (obviously this will be dependent on the guide you get) so being the camera junkie that I am ..... I know it's a bit of money to fork out but I would definitely recommend it. I feel less like I went on a tour and more like I had experienced a rare opportunity.
See more reviews of the private Rome tour of Sistine chapel and Vatican Museums
Return to the top
4. Touring Rome by night tours.
Rome is absolutely stunning at night and this touring Rome by night tour shares some of Rome's most beautiful night time attractions - just consider that most of the tour takes place on the bus with only two stops: Piazza Navona, to discover Bernini's beautiful Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi), and the Trevi Fountain.
Highlights on this nocturnal tour of Rome's most famous illuminated sights are:
- Piazza Venezia and its tomb to the unknown soldier
- Capitoline Hill (site of Michelangelo's Piazza del Campidoglio)
- Imperial Roman Forum, the Roman Colosseum (absolutely beautiful at night!) and Arch of Constantine and the Circus Maximus
- The Jewish Quarter and Synagogue on the banks of the River Tiber (Tevere)
- Secretive Castel Sant'Angelo,
- St Peter's Basilica
- The ancient Aurelian Walls around Villa Borghese park
More info about the Rome by night bus tours and how to book.
Travelers' reviews for the Rome by night bus tours:
- Helpful and friendly, you are not likely to see what Rome is all about without skilled guides. Saves a LOAD of silly walking about and getting lost and weary. Better still do the night AND day bus tours and see LOTS of what Rome has to offer.
- This was a bit of a waste as the tour is via bus. You get out at a few points like Trevi Fountain, and I suppose it was a nice way to spend the evening if you have nothing else going on.
See more Rome by night bus tour reviews
Return to the top
5. Touring Rome by night on the Tiber River Dinner Cruise.
Wine, dine, relax and glide along Rome's River Tiber on this two-hour dinner cruise. Sit back, relax and enjoy your welcome drink and canapes as your laid back evening of cruising, dining and music begins.
We set sail from Ponte Sant'Angelo dock where the evening dinner cruiser will take you towards Tiberina Island and then back upstream to Ponte del Risorgimento (north of the Borghese Gardens) before returning to Ponte Sant'Angelo.
A three-course set menu is served on the cruise, with the option of a vegetarian menu.
Touring Rome by night on the Tiber River Dinner Cruise reviews:
- I loved it, it was very nice! The food was amazing, however the trip was cut short and we never saw the island!! We sat with a lovely Italian couple. I felt the trip was a little rushed but I did thoroughly enjoy it.
- Had a brilliant time on the boat trip. Service was good and had a very relaxed atmosphere. Couldn't see that well through the misted windows though.
See more Tiber River Dinner Cruise reviews
Return to the top
6. Illuminated Touring Rome by Night with Pizza and Gelato.
I cannot personally recommend the Illuminated touring Rome by night tour as I have received far too many look-warm or disappointed reviews. Although it would be unfair to not mention that there have also been some positive reviews.
In my opinion there is no need to risk a potentially mediocre to disappointing evening out when there are enough choices for touring Rome by night.
The mention of the tour here is nonetheless a review, and by no means am I saying you should not do the tour, but rather I'm in the business of sharing information, which is essentially what the internet is about.
More info about Illuminated Rome by Night with Pizza and Gelato and how to book.
Illuminated Touring Rome by Night guided tours reviews:
- I was a little disappointed with the tour. The tour organizers were quite rude shuffling us all into the bus. The tour was in 3 languages, which made it difficult to follow, and information about the sights was minimal. After the tour, we were dropped at a restaurant and simply told we would be picked up at 11pm. The tour guide didn't even hang around! The restaurant was set up so as to push through large amounts of tour groups with bulk pre-prepared food and no choices. I was then dropped off about 5 blocks from my hotel and had to walk back to the hotel alone at 11:30 at night! The concept is great, but the implementation was quite disappointing..
- I expected a lot more of this tour than what we got. The bus was half full, and only 7 of that half went for dinner after in an empty restaurant. Mediocre meal. The tour of Rome lasted only 45 minutes and then dinner for 1 hour and 15 minutes where after we were rushed back to our hotels. I do not recommend this tour - it was too costly for what we got.
- We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. The sights we covered were amazing. Dinner was plentiful with good Italian entertainment.
See more Illuminated Rome by Night with Pizza and Gelato tour reviews
Other Rome tours:
Go from touring Rome guided tours to Rome Italy