Keep in mind:
- These Rome bus tours require a certain amount of walking at some tourist attractions, if you would like a Rome bus tour with little or no walking then I suggest a circuit with the hop-on hop-off Rome bus tour or Rome night bus tour.
- where tours enter Basilicas appropriate dress is required i.e. no shorts, miniskirts or uncovered shoulders.
- It's advisable to wear comfortable shoes.
- Take a plastic water bottle with, Rome is dotted with thousands of little fountains and Rome's drinking water is excellent.
Rome Angels and demons tour.
The most common adjectives used by tourists who have done the Rome Angels and demons tour are "Fantastic", "Exciting" and "True to the book".
The Angels tour is Rome's 3rd most popular tour as rated by tourists (after the Vatican skip the line tour and the Ancient Rome skip the line tour). Many of Rome's lesser known secrets are explored on this tour which culminates at the top of enigmatic Castel Sant' Angelo with magnificent views over Rome.
Review of the Rome Angels and Demons tour:
Our guide was, simply put, amazing! He painted a wildly vivid picture of Angels and Demons' rich plot as we progressed through the various sites ...... and he opened our eyes to the rich history of Rome. He definitely kept it entertaining every step of the way as he sprinkled in his great sense of humour and interesting facts ...... Whether you've read the book or not, I would HIGHLY recommend taking this tour! You will find yourself wanting more as you near the end of the story and tour and are treated to one of the most breathtaking views of the whole city of Rome. PS - You definitely want to bring your camera for this one!!
See more Rome Angels and demons tour reviews
Return to the top
Christian Rome bus tours (afternoons).
The 3 hour afternoon bus tour of Christian Rome will take in the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore on the Esquiline Hill, make an inside visit of the Basilica of St John in Lateran (the cathedral of Rome) including the Holy Staircase.
You'll also visit the ancient Appian Way (Appia Antica) passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis before arriving at the Catacombs, the ancient underground cemeteries and hiding places of the Christians.
One travelers review:
Catacombs and churches were great. Tour guide was okay, but the guide at the catacombs was excellent. An interesting afternoon.
See more Christian Rome bus tour reviews.
Return to the top
Imperial Rome bus tours (afternoons).
A great introduction to Rome's famous Imperial sights: the Roman Forum, Michelangelo's Piazza del Campidoglio, St Paul's Basilica (the largest patriarchal basilica in Rome after St Peter's) Circus Maximus and the Pyramid of Caius Cestius.
The tour concludes outside the Colosseum and you are free to explore the Colosseum at your own pace.
Reviews of the Imperial Rome bus tours:
- The young lady that gave the tour was very knowledgeable and friendly! Thank you!
- The sights were wonderful and the bus was welcome after several days of walking tours. The only downside was that the guides had to speak in multiple languages, which made each comment quite short. Would have liked a little more information.
See more Imperial Rome bus tour reviews
Return to the top
Classical Rome bus tours (mornings).
The Classical Rome morning tour begins with a pleasant stroll through Rome's historic center accompanied by a guide. You will discover Rome tourist attractions like Piazza della Repubblica and Fountain of the Naiads, the Trevi Fountain, the Column of Marcus Aurelius, Bernini's Palazzo di Montecitorio, the Pantheon (including a visit inside), Palazzo Madama and the Piazza Navona.
You'll also pass the Castel Sant'Angelo on the banks of the Tiber (Tevere) river to reach the Basilica of St Peter - also home to Michelangelo's magnificent Pieta, to the right of the main entrance.
Reviews of the Classical Rome bus tours:
- Our tour guide was fantastic. We learned much and totally enjoyed the tour. We wish we had time to do this tour again as there was so much information to learn. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone. They picked us up at the hotel which was another plus.
- I enjoyed this tour. The tour guide was very informative.
See more classical Rome bus tour reviews
Return to the top
Rome by night bus tours.
Rome is absolutely stunning at night and this Rome by night bus tour shares some of Rome's most beautiful night time attractions - just consider that most of the tour takes place on the bus with only two stops: Piazza Navona, to discover Bernini's beautiful Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi), and the Trevi Fountain.
Highlights on this nocturnal tour of Rome's most famous illuminated sights are:
- Piazza Venezia and its tomb to the unknown soldier
- Capitoline Hill (site of Michelangelo's Piazza del Campidoglio)
- Imperial Roman Forum, the Roman Colosseum (absolutely beautiful at night!) and Arch of Constantine and the Circus Maximus
- The Jewish Quarter and Synagogue on the banks of the River Tiber (Tevere)
- Secretive Castel Sant'Angelo,
- St Peter's Basilica
- The ancient Aurelian Walls around Villa Borghese park
Travelers reviews of the Rome by night tours:
- Helpful and friendly, you are not likely to see what Rome is all about without skilled guides. Saves a LOAD of silly walking about and getting lost and weary. Better still do the night AND day bus tours and see LOTS of what Rome has to offer.
- This was a bit of a waste as the tour is via bus. You get out at a few points like Trevi Fountain, and I suppose it was a nice way to spend the evening if you have nothing else going on.
See more Rome by night bus tour reviews
Go from Rome guided tours to Rome Italy