1. 3 Day Italy Guided tours: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
Combine your love of Italian food, history and the coast on these fascinating 3 day Italy guided tours of Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
From Rome you will travel to vibrant and Brazen Naples, capital of the Campania region, and then to Pompeii (UNESCO Heritage Listed site). The privilege is yours to explore the now restored Pompeii and witness examples of ancient Roman daily life. Amazing frescoes and artifacts buried from Mt. Vesuvius' volcanic eruption have remained intact for almost two thousand years due to their dry and airless stasis.
On Sorrento's sea cliffs luxury hotels framed by lemon trees overlook the bay of Naples. The bay supplies a hint of what awaits at the Isle of Capri, a resort since the rule of the Roman Empire. Capri lures yearly crowds to its Blue Grotto, Grotta Azzurra, named because of its azure limestone glow beneath the waters.
Reviews of Italy Guided tours: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri
- This Italy Guided tours is AMAZING! The Ambasciatori hotel in Sorrento is one of the most beautiful hotels we've been to. The views from the hotel are breathtaking. The dinners were delicious. If I really had to complain about something I'd say the tour of Naples was not long enough, and the tour of Pompeii was a little too long, but very educational and interesting too. Capri was fun, a little unorganized - we waited a while to get the boat to the Blue Grotto, then we waited a long time bobbing up and down in the water before we could actually go inside the grotto. Wish there had been a little tour of the island itself besides just the shopping area. The hotel in Sorrento was my highlight, glad we stayed there an extra night!
- This Italy Guided tours trip picked the highlights of each area and allowed us to see a lot in a short time! The tour of Naples city was short, but I think we saw the best of Naples. We had been warned by friends about security there and thus were more comfortable being on this guided tour. Pompeii was fabulous, however our guide spoke poor English, so we did most the tour on our own. I wished I studied the area better before our trip. Our accommodation in Sorrento was superb! Five star all the way! I wish I had spent more time there. Capri was a tourist trap and the Blue Grotto I felt was not worth the time.
Most of these translators had to translate in at least 3 languages and sometimes got them mixed up - I was amazed, and felt stupid that I'm hard pressed to speak 10 words in another language! The trip was great, and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to see highlights of Italy in a short period of time..
See more Rome to Pompeii and Naples day trip reviews
Return to the top
2. 5-Day Best of Italy Trip.
Away from modern highways and large cities you will discover ancient villages of the real Italy!
From Rome you travel to Assisi and join the pilgrims who arrive each year in homage of St. Francis. Siena's Medieval culture and traditions are abound in its Gothic buildings. Florence, the birth town of the Renaissance, will captivate you with its Art, architecture, paintings, sculptures, museums and galleries. Next is Padua, the setting for Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew.
Spend the last days navigating the canals and more than 100 tiny islets of Venice. Enjoy a romantic gondola ride or lose yourselves down narrow winding streets.
5 day best of Italy trip review:
- I would recommend these guided tours of Italy for a quick glimpse of Italy's highlights. The tour manager and Italy tour guides were excellent! Very knowledgeable and resourceful. Accommodation and meals were of a good standard. Plenty of free time is provided so you can do your own exploring. There were a couple of short tourist stops en root which I thought we could have done without and had more time in the other places - just an opinion rather than a negative feedback.
See more 5 day best of Italy reviews
Return to the top
3. 2-Day guided tours of Italy: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
From Rome you travel to Naples, the city first inhabited by the ancient Greeks and champion of the humble pizza.
Immerse yourself in the forgotten city of Pompeii, buried under the ash from the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 B.C. and now the preserved site gives insight into ancient Roman daily life.
The stunning seaside resort of Sorrento overlooks the bay of Naples. Take your pick of cafe-lined piazzas and feast on some locally harvested fruit, wine, nuts and olives.
Before returning to Rome the Isle of Capri will lure you to its Blue Grotto, so named for the azure limestone glow beneath its waters.
Reviews: 2 day guided tours of Italy: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri
- We had a fabulous time on our two day Italy guided tours. Our tour guides were very helpful and knowledgeable. Naples could have been left off the agenda and they also bring you to diversion of Cameos near Pompeii that could also have been skipped. Overall it was a great time. Sorrento and Capri were beautiful and we learned a lot about Pompeii.
- The hotel was the best we stayed in our whole guided tours of Italy. Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri were good. The tour is quite fast paced, so have good walking shoes. The Blue Grotto was pretty but the men who rowed the smaller boats into the Grotto were very persistent about getting tipped. I did not enjoy being told to tip someone before I was even finished with the boat ride.
See more 2 day guided tours of Italy reviews
Return to the top
4. Florence, Chianti, Umbria 2 Day Italy guided tours
Discover the Taste of Italy
From Rome we cross the slopes of the Apennines and famous valley of Chianti before arriving in Florence. The city tour commences with a visit to the Accademia Museum, home to the statue David by Michelangelo. The walking tour with your Florence tour guide begins at the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore with the beautiful dome of Brunelleschi, and will encompass other sights such as the Baptistery, Giotto's Bell Tower and the Piazza della Signoria, the 'heart' of Florence.
Lunch is at a typical Florentine restaurant before continuing to the Piazza Santa Croce where great artists like Michelangelo are buried in the square's church. Afterwards we visit a leather school where you can also appreciate typical ancient crafts such as mosaics and goldsmiths. Dinner is included this evening.
Day 2: Cortona - Trasimeno Lake - Montepulciano
After breakfast we travel to Cortona, the towns renewed popularity partly due to the Oscar winning film "La Vita è Bella" and Hollywood's "Under the Tuscan Sun". After a drive along the shores of Lake Trasimeno we stop to taste some of the many local products (olive oil, cheeses, salami and ham). Lunch is served in a typical countryside restaurant.
The afternoon drive is through the hills of the Chianti region to reach the hilltop town of Montepulciano, the ruby-red Vino Nobile wine of this town being famous. Visit one of the oldest wine cellars, discover (some of) the winemakers' secrets and taste the final result!.
Return to the top
5. 3 Day Italy Guided tours: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi.
From Rome you travel through the Campania region where historical sites meet pizza, spaghetti and mozzarella cheese.
Naples is the capital and was first colonized by the ancient Greeks who gave it the name Neapolis (new city). Naples city center is now on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
A short distance from Naples is the once lost city of Pompeii. Covered in ash from a volcanic eruption in 79 B.C., the site was discovered by accident during renovations some 1,700 years later.
Trailing the coastal roads the rugged town of Amalfi emerges with its colorful steep terraced slopes. Take your pick of restaurants in the piazza (square) and linger in souvenir shops adorned withered coral jewelery.
Return to the top
6. 3 Day Italy Guided Tours: Florence and Pisa.
Treat yourself to the romance of Tuscany on a three-day tour from Rome! Tuscany continues to shape Italy's rich culture, whether it be through art, history or the finest Italian produce.
From Rome you travel to the heart of Tuscany, Florence. The city is home to an abundance of art, paintings and sculptures housed in numerous galleries and public squares. Next up is Pisa with its biggest attraction, the Leaning Tower.
Enjoy the best of both worlds when you travel to Florence by coach and return by train to Rome. With the assistance of our Tuscan tour guides you will gain an appreciation for the sights, sounds and smells that each new city brings. There will be plenty of free time to discover your own Tuscan highlights too!
Return to the top
7. 5 Day guided tours of Italy: Florence, Pisa and Venice.
Would you like to spend five days exploring three of Italy's most romantic cities: Florence, Pisa and Venice? These Italy guided tours are ideal for those wanting to combine Italy's rich culture, art, history and cuisine.
From Rome you will travel through Tuscany's rolling hills to Florence where you can devour the galleries and museums. Florence has many vibrant public squares where you can relax in a cafe and partake in the National pastime, people watching!
Formerly a maritime town, Pisa's is world famous for its Leaning Tower, but delve deeper and discover more architectural delights, all easily accessible by foot.
Your tour concludes in Venice where you can choose to navigate the canals by gondola or simply lose yourself through its charming narrow streets.
Other Rome tours: