Farmhouse holiday Florence Agriturismo:
What's the deal with a Tuscany farmhouse rental?
Florence Agriturismo (farmhouse holiday Florence or Florence Agritourism) is gaining in popularity year by year. Many tourists are choosing to broaden their Italian experience by either combining (or swapping) the traditional Italian historical center holiday with a Tuscany farmhouse rental. Thanks to the gorgeous Florence landscape, Italian culture, temperate climate, outdoor activities, gastronomic delights and other exciting temptations that only Tuscany can provide, the choice is usually a great success and a welcome alternative.
A Tuscany farmhouse rental offers you more than a hotel room ever could (not to mention that in many cases prices can work out more advantageous) what better way to feel part of Tuscany than living and breathing the environment and culture of which you are already so fond of.
Recommended Farmhouse Holiday Accomodations in Tuscany - Top rated by Independent Guest reviews
|Farmhouse in Castellina in Chianti, near Siena
Castello La Leccia is a farmhouse located only 2 minutes from the village of Castellina in Chianti and 30 minutes from Siena.
Full of charm, this property is a restored castle that Francesco (the owner) spent 5 years restoring into a modern minimalistic residence.
La Leccia is favorably positioned on higher grounds and has beautiful views over Siena as well as Castellina.
Tip: For the best views, ask Giuseppe or Francesco for suite No 8.
» More info at Booking.com (recommended booker)
Compare prices with Tripadvisor
|Farmhouse holiday Accommodation in Florence
I Parigi Corbinelli is a restored 600 year old castle only 15 minutes south of Florence. Offers fantastic views, a relaxing atmosphere and the possibility to explore the countryside. The staff is friendly and informative.
Find out more »
Tip: If staying here you may want to consider renting a car. There are so many places to visit where regular transport doesn't go.
Compare prices with Tripadvisor
Why do we recommend these hotels? Click Here
Your Florence Agriturismo and Tuscany farmhouse rental: What to expect?
Many Florence farmhouses were once the estates of leading merchants and nobility, some were the houses or apartments of ordinary farm workers, and each have their own distinctive character, but whether large or small, whether a refurbished apartment or a farmhouse, a Tuscany farmhouse rental is usually very homely, comfortable and fitting to its environment.
You can budget on rental prices between 350 and 1000 Euros per week depending on the comfort level and number of guests. Utility costs are usually included in the price, except perhaps for long stays during the colder Winter months where heating may be extra.
For some Tuscany farmhouse rentals you will also be offered the option of some meals included - I highly recommend this! It's no secret that the Tuscans know what they're doing in the kitchen, really, I can't hide my enthusiasm...OK enough
The Florence Agriturismo rental will usually include bedding linen, towels and kitchen utensils. For shorter stays a cleaning service will have to be requested.
Advantages of your farmhouse holiday Florence Agriturismo:
- You can explore Tuscany at your own pace.
- Children are safer and have more space to play
- The proximity of activities like hiking, horse riding, mountain biking, cycling and swimming
- In many of the Tuscany farmhouse rentals the warmth and hospitality of the hosts makes you feel like close friends or family rather than a Hotel room number.
- You have the unique opportunity to learn more about a region's farming: the olive, wine, and cheese making traditions to name a few.
- Eating out for meals in Tuscany or in Florence city is always an exciting gastronomic experience however it can also weigh heavily on the budget, the ability to prepare your own meals can help the cause immensely.
- A Florence Agriturismo will be infinitely more spacious than a hotel room plus you have the option of entertaining guests.
- Many Florence farmhouse have more than one bathroom and laundry facilities.
Advice for your farmhouse holiday Florence Agriturismo:
- It certainly helps to plan and be well organized - there ain' t no turning back for forgotten toothpaste or running downstairs to the reception for a hairdryer.
- It might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the area surrounding your Florence farmhouse rental, perhaps using Google maps to locate and calculate distances to the nearest towns.
- The most popular Agriturismo regions in Tuscany are between Siena and Florence, from the Eastern towns of Cortona and Arezzo and then West towards the Mediterranean coast. For an optimal vineyard experience the Chianti region of Tuscany is always an excellent option.
- The English language is spoken less commonly in the cities of Florence and Siena than in Northern European cities for example, but frequently enough. The rule of thumb is that the further you venture from the cities the less English will be spoken or understood. With this in mind it would be a good idea to have at least a minimal knowledge of Italian when visiting rural Tuscany.
- Best time for your Florence farmhouse holiday: Summers are busy and tourism in Tuscany is at its peak. Early Fall/Autumn and Spring are the nicest times, it's not too crowded and the climate is agreeable. By the end of October it starts to get wet and chilly.
Activities for a farmhouse holiday Florence Agriturismo
In the Tuscany area there are a range of activities and many Florence Agriturismo's also offer their own:
- Activities around Florence and Tuscany: mountain bike trails, bowling, hiking trails, tennis courts, golf courses, swimming pools, horse riding etc.
- Common farmhouse activities: picnic area, hire of mountain bikes, swimming pools, horse riding, gymnasium, barbecue,
- Learning courses: Some of the Florence Agriturismo centers offer painting classes, cooking courses and italian language courses.
Working farmhouse holiday Florence Agriturismo
Participating in the lifeblood of a working Tuscan farm can be once in a life time cultural experience. Most tourists barely scratch the surface of what it means to live in Tuscany or Italy but what better way to truly experience the magic of Tuscany than by immersing yourself in the process of wine, olive, cheese, mushrooms, nuts, peaches (etc.) production.
And don't underestimate the rapidity with which you will pick up the Italian language in this manner by applying it 24/7!
When working at a Florence Agriturismo you can expect your accommodation to be an apartment somewhere on the premises or even in the same house of the operating family (until you have lived in Italy you don't realize what a privilege this actually is).
I hope my Farmhouse holiday Florence Agriturismo information comes in handy. If we have helped you in any way please show your appreciation by book marking this page and/or sharing it with your friends. Thank you.
Navigate from Florence agriturismo to Florence Italy rental apartments.